Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Planning, Step 2: Choosing a Resort

The main factor in the "Where do we stay?" decision is usually price. Often, the absolutely cheapest route is to stay at a hotel off Disney property. You can find places just outside the gate that are comfy and very reasonably priced. During the time when my parents and I made yearly trips, this is what we did. However, now I prefer to purchase hotel and ticket packages and stay on-property, which is exactly what we're going to do in February.
~*Choose Your Category*~
Disney offers hotels for every budget. There are value, moderate, and deluxe lodging options available. Like I mentioned before, the main goal of this trip was to be cost-effective, so we are choosing one of Disney's 4 (soon to be 5!) value resorts.
To learn more about each budget category, see my previous posts on resorts:
Deluxe Resorts Part I and Part II
Other Lodging Options
~*Choose Your Resort*~
Once you've decided on a budget category, it's time to choose your resort. Each one is uniquely themed to suit various tastes and interests like music, movies, sports and pop culture. Previously, we've stayed in the Pop Century value resort. This time we chose the All-Star Movies Resort. My sisters-in-law and I LOVE movies, especially Disney movies, so this theme suited us really well. I know they're going to love looking out the window and seeing a 3-story tall Woody smiling back at them.
You can take a tour of each resort on the Disney World website. Just click on the "Places To Stay" tab on the main menu bar. Take a look at the All-Star Movies Resort here.


Yay! Now we've got somewhere to lay our heads down. Now let's take a look at those tickets!
Miranda

No comments:

Post a Comment