Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Attractions: DINOSAUR

DINOSAUR is the Animal Kingdom’s original thrill ride. It has been around since the park first opened in 1998, although back then it was called “Countdown to Extinction.” After the release of Disney’s animated feature film “Dinosaur” in 2000, the ride underwent minor changes to be themed with the movie.
Attraction Quick Facts:
  • You must be 40 inches tall to ride.
  • FASTPASS is available.
  • The ride is completely indoors and is very low-lit. It’s also very bumpy (you’re off-roading in the jungle afterall) and will jar you around quite a bit. Be prepared for sudden stops and turns.
  • I wouldn’t really recommend this one for the younger kids, unless they’re the kind that loves scary movies and loud noises. Angry dinosaurs jump out at you and chase you throughout your little trip. It might be a little too intense for anybody under 10 or 11.
Your trip to the Dino Institute takes a detour when an eager scientist sends you back in time to capture a specific dinosaur. You’ve got about 60 seconds to find it and get back to the present before the big meteor hits Earth. You’re sent off in a 12-passenger off-road jeep called the CTX Time Rover. Locking onto a homing signal from your targeted dino, it takes you deep into the prehistoric jungle where you meet up with a few not-so-friendly faces you’ll recognize from science class.
The first time I rode this I was 11, and I’ll be honest with you, it scared the crap out of me! It wasn’t until the second time I rode it, a year later, that I even saw the actual ride. I kept my eyes close the majority of the first time :) hehe. It’s still a little scary, but more like in that good adrenaline rush kind of way. The animatronics in this one is very impressive. You’ll feel like you’ve really went back in time to the deepest, darkest jungles and outrun the most beastly dinosaurs.
Although I've gotta admit, it seems like that triceratops gets faster every time he chases me... :/

No comments:

Post a Comment