Sunday, January 15, 2012

Magical Mail

There's nothing like going to the mailbox to find Mickey's face smiling back at you. I call it "magical mail." No matter how horrible my day has been, opening mail from Disney always makes me smile. But when that mail is concerning my very soon-to-be visit back, that grin gets even bigger.
When I got home yesterday from a nearly 6-hour photo shoot, I found two such envelopes waiting for me. My sister-in-law, Kayla (who is also my ever-handy photo assistant) and I both squealed with delight. What we had received was the first "welcome" package from Disney. Guests receive it shortly after booking their vacation, usually in about a month. I've mentioned this packet in one of my earliest posts, but in case you missed it, here's a look at what kinds of goodies you get.

  • In the first envelope (top of the picture), you'll find park maps and a personalized booklet filled with details about your resort, dining plan options and special tips for your family. The last page also has a ready-made note card to record all your reservation information.
  • The second envelope (bottom right) contains all of the vouchers you receive when you book your stay at a Disney World Resort hotel. These vouchers include everything from a free round of mini-golf, to restaurant discounts, jetski rentals, arcade points, spa services and merchandise discounts. But the most important voucher is the very first one which details your hotel reservations. This is the first voucher you'll use. When you check in at your resort hotel, be sure to tear it out and take it with you.
  • Also included in the second envelope are luggage tags (bottom left) for everyone in your party. They change the look of these every year, but they are always so adorable. It adds that little touch of magic to even the most boring old suitcases.
  • One other piece of magical mail I received (not pictured) is something kind of new that Disney has started doing. Now when you book a vacation, you'll receive a card in the mail with a personal URL. Type the URL into your browser and you'll find custom tips and suggestions for your vacation. You can also keep track of all your reservation information on this page. It's pretty neat to have your space on Disney's piece of the web.
See ya soon!
Miranda

No comments:

Post a Comment